Are you a woman interested in learning how to build web applications with the latest technologies? We have good news for you: We are holding a one-day Angular workshop for beginners! It will take place on Sunday, July 7th, 2019 at Sunway University (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia).
Who is it for?
Who can join the workshop?
We believe a more diverse industry is the key to build better products and services for everyone. People from different backgrounds, ethnicities and genders all have unique perspectives to add to the programming mix and cultural matrix inside tech workplace cultures.
We defined a Code of Conduct. The workshop is for everyone, we want every single person to feel safe and welcome. Be kind to everyone at all times regardless of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, etc.
As long as you are agree the above, you are welcome to join the workshop!
What will you learn?
During the workshop you will build and deploy your very first Angular Web Application! Angular is an open-source platform for building web applications, developed by Google and the community.
It gives various tools to easily create a dynamic, interactive app that can run on desktop browses, mobile and even robots!
What are the prerequisites?
To participate in the workshop you'll need:
- Bring your own laptop
(if you cannot organize one, please drop us an email and let's find a solution)
- Basic knowledge in web development: HTML, CSS
No worries if you're a total beginner, here are some resources to catch up BEFORE attending the workshop.
How much it costs?
The workshop takes a little fee RM 5. However, we would like to make sure people show up for the event, therefore, you will need to pay RM 30 upfront, then on the workshop day, you can choose to:
- Get back the RM 25 in cash
- Donate the RM 25 the amount to ngGirls
I am in! How to register?
If you have a credit card, just get the workshop ticket here. If you don’t have a credit card, do a bank transfer to the below account, and fill in this google form, we will issue you a ticket once confirm the transaction.
Don’t wait too long, we have limited slots - please apply for a pass until June 15th, 2019!
You are welcome to join the ngGirls meetup group to get informed about future events.
- 08.00 - 09.00 - Arrival and registration
- 09:00 - 10:00 - opening lecture: introduction to ngGirls and Angular
- 10:00 - 12:00 - coding and having fun
- 12:00 - 13:00 - lunch
- 13:00 - 15:45 - coding and having fun
- 15:45 - 16:00 - optional: Joining main hall for closing
- 16:00 - 16:45 - coding and having fun
- 16:45 - 17:00 - Closing lecture
- 17:00 - 18:00 - continue coding
Can I help?
Of course! There are several ways you can help:
- Mentors - you have a great impact on the participants' experience. If you can volunteer at the workshop and give some support on the days before and after, we'd love to have you! You don't need to be an Angular expert - just a web developer. Call for Mentors
- Sponsors - with your help we can make our events truly awesome! From funding tickets to Angular conferences, through supplying lunch, to providing swag - lots of opportunities to help. Call for Sponsors
- Anyone - There are many other ways to help us. We'd love to hear your ideas and/or assign you some chores. Huge thanks in advance!
Don't be shy, just contact us